Mission in Action Grants
The ALA Foundation wants to help members brand their programs, so that the ALA is recognizable in the community for all of their good works. Whether it’s storage totes to transport items to a local food pantry, a branded vehicle or trailer to deliver meals to homeless veterans, or signage and banners for your department’s ALA Girls State program, the Mission in Action grant will help you work the mission while promoting the organization behind it all.
- The applicant must be an American Legion Auxiliary (ALA) entity – unit, district/county, or department.
- The proposal must address a specific ALA branding need that will help members with mission delivery and be recognizable in the community.
- Grants are awarded up to $5,000.
- One grant per grantee in a 12 month period will be awarded.
- Funds may not be used to reimburse expenses paid prior to grant approval.
- The ALA entity must provide a 20% match of the granted amount.