Congratulations! We are so thrilled that your project will be supported by the ALA Foundation.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you begin your project that will help you meet the reporting requirements of the ALA Foundation and help us show off your good works to our members!
- Share about your project on your unit’s social media or newsletter, or just on your own! The more people that see it, the more chances that other ALA units/departments will be inspired to help their local veterans with the help of the ALA Foundation.
- If your project is mentioned in public relations materials, please credit the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation in a clear, unambiguous, and readily identifiable fashion, using the following acknowledgment: “This project was supported by a grant from the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation.”
- Be sure to take photographs of your event or project. Pictures are the best way to showcase your project to the world! See how to take the best photographs here: How to take high quality publishable photos
- All recipients are required to submit a final progress report within 30 days of completion of the project period, along with any unexpended funds pertaining to the project. The more information you provide on the report, the better we can share your story on our website and help encourage others to apply.
- Consider interviewing a beneficiary of your project (with their permission) and write down their thoughts. Hearing from the veterans who were served is the most powerful and rewarding part of what we do!
- If the progress report is not received within the allotted time period, the entity will be sent an invoice for the full amount of the grant and will be expected to pay the grant back.
- If you have any questions, just email ALAFoundation@ALAforVeterans.org and they will be happy to help!